ALEC (American Legislative Exchange Council) is a national organization of corporations and legislators started by the Koch brothers. ALEC helps write laws that negatively affect Hoosiers.
WHY BE CONCERNED?
- ALEC promotes private school use of money set aside for public schools
- ALEC helps private prisons retain more inmates for longer sentences, thus earning greater profit for the prison industrial complex
- ALEC discriminates against the LGBTQ community (remember the RFRA outrage!)
- ALEC fights labor unions and the good they do for honest working people
Join the public protest
A public protest is planned at the annual ALEC meeting this year in Indianapolis. Reverse Citizens United, Common Cause Indiana, the Indiana State Teachers Association (ISTA), Democracy for Monroe County, and many other like-minded organizations plan to attend that protest.
Wednesday, July 27, 2016
3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Indiana State House
200 West Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Reverse Citizens United is joining with other Bloomington groups to attend the protest. There is free bus transportation with reserved seats provided by the AFL-CIO leaving from the I.U. Football Stadium West Parking Lot at 1 p.m., returning at 7 p.m. Email email@example.com for a seat on the bus or to car caravan. Make sure you receive confirmation.
- Learn more about ALEC
- For more information about the protest, visit the ALEC Indianapolis 2016 Protest Facebook page.