One might ask, how can outsized political contributions by corporate behemoths have an impact on healthcare in the United States? Here’s a short list of articles that describe the implications and demonstrate the problem of corporate influence on how you and I might win or lose. Issues at risk range from public health policy to retiree health care benefits.
- Citizens United, Public Health, and Democracy: The Supreme Court Ruling, Its Implications, and Proposed Action
- An American Public Health Association article on Citizens United’s effect on health care.
- Changes to GE health plans leave retirees stunned
- A Connecticut Post article on GE’s dramatic reduction of employees health care benefits.
- GE retirees protesting slashed health benefits
- The Herald Times coverage on local GE employees losing their health benefits.
- General Electric Cuts Retiree Health Care — Workers in Bloomington Protest
- WFHB’s coverage of the protest by local GE retirees.